ATTENTION: ARCHITECTURAL, ENGINEERING AND MASONRY COMMUNITIES
Masonry related continuing education classes will be paired with teams of bricklayers and tenders competing in the SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500® National Qualifying Event. In this event, teams of bricklayers and tenders compete to build the largest brick wall with the fewest number of errors in just one hour. The winning team will earn the right to compete in the SPEC MIX BRICKLAYER 500 World Championship in Las Vegas which will take place in February, 2020 at the World of Concrete. Last year’s Philly Regional winners had a brick count of 562 — will that record be broken this September?
To register for one or more complimentary classes please contact Tom Fizzano firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 17th.
WHEN? Thursday, Sept. 19th, 2019
WHERE? Xfinity Live!
1100 Pattison Ave
Philadelphia PA 19148
- 9:00am – 10:00am: Hands-on Training CLass
*Open to both CE classes. Dress accordingly.
- 10:00am – 11:00am: CE Class (2 credits HSW) “Proper Masonry Construction Techniques”
*Must attend for second credit.
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: CE Class (1 credit) “Contemporary Concrete Masonry Unit (CMU) Design Concepts”
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Silica – Educating Your Competent Person: OSHA and MACSC (Mid-Atlantic Construction Safety Council)
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Bricklayer 500 Competition
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm: Vendor Drawings, 50/50 Raffle, and TV Giveaway
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm: Bricklayer 500 JR Competition
- 3:30pm: Bricklayer 500 and Bricklayer 500 JR Awards