- When? Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Where? Crowne Plaza 260 Mall Boulevard, King of Prussia, PA 19406
- REGISTRATION: 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- PROGRAM ONE: 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
CODE COMPLIANT SINGLE WYTHE CONCRETE MASONRY – AIA CES 1 LU/HSW
This course focuses on how Single-Wythe Concrete Masonry continues to meet requirements of more stringent Model Building Codes while maintaining its reputation for durability, productivity, flexibility, and thermal and air barrier requirements. New and improved design techniques, unit configurations and concrete masonry assemblies along with the greater economic advantages over many other wall systems including Multi-Wythe systems will be discussed. PRESENTOR: Canan D’Avela RA – Concrete Products Group – Director Technology, Codes & Technical Sales
- BREAK: 10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- PROGRAM TWO: 10:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
DESIGNING COMMERCIAL PROJECTS WITH MANUFACTURED STONE VENEER – AIA CES 1 LU/HSW
Participants will learn design guidelines for sustainable manufactured stone veneer buildings, including product innovations and industry related education. Discussion will include installation detailing for high performance buildings, aesthetic, environmental, cost and productivity impacts as well as manufactured stone veneer manufacturing process and advancements. PRESENTOR: Paul Lott – Area Sales Manager Boral Stone Products LLC.
- LUNCH: 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- PROGRAM THREE: 12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
PRE-INSULATED CONCRETE MASONRY – AIA CES 1 LU/HSW
The course includes discussion on how Pre-Insulated Concrete Masonry is Code Compliant and Cost Competitive eliminating the need for Continuous Insulation. Model Codes, thermal flow and resistance diagrams (U-Factor, R-Value), as well as series-parallel energy calculations, references applicable to Concrete Masonry wall assemblies and masonry wall design examples will be addressed. If requested, techniques to incorporate masonry thermal data into COMcheck software will be reviewed. PRESENTOR: Canan D’Avela RA – Concrete Products Group- Director of Technology, Codes & Technical Sales
- BREAK: 1:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- PROGRAM FOUR: 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
CEMENT BOARD AND EXTERIOR FINISHING SYSTEMS – AIA CES 1 LU/HSW
Participants will be provided with an overview of cement backer board, features and benefits, and versatile interior and exterior applications with a focus on exterior applications, including Cement Board Stucco Systems (CBSS) and Cement Board Masonry Veneer (CBMV). The program reviews CBSS and CBMV components and performance benefits. PRESENTOR: Greg Zumchak-Territory Manager National Gypsum Company
- ADMISSION: $50.00 per person ** REFUNDED in the form of a $50.00 Pre-Paid VISA Card upon completion of the 4-Programs ** (Includes buffet lunch and door prizes-such as $50.00 restaurant gift cards and more).
- Check: (payable to Fizzano Bros. Inc.) is required by April 8, 2016.
- Mail check to: Fizzano Bros. Inc.-Attn. Tom S. Fizzano-1776 Chester Pike, Crum Lynne, PA 19022.